Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's a bit weird...

This past weekend, we made a trip with our team down to Atlanta, GA to see the guys at Northpoint in action. Over the years, the philosophies of Northpoint and some of the leaders there have had a big impact on my life and ministry. I thought it would be vital for our team to see for themselves some of the things I talk so much about.

I knew what I was getting into...

Like I said, over the years I have read everything that has come out of NPCC - the books, the blogs - even made some great friends who help others understand some of what they think. So, I guess it's safe to say that I knew what I was getting into.

But, I never expected this...

Over the last 16 years, I have been in and out of a lot of churches. Sure, I wanted to see what they did in the worship center - I cared how welcomed I felt - I think about how they do what they do. But, over those years, I care most about what they did for students! Every time I have been in a church, I make a bee-line for their youth center!

It was a bit weird for me as I toured the facilities at Norhtpoint's Alpharetta campus to think about things like welcome centers, pre-school check-in processes, greeter placement AND THE WAY THEY TOOK THE STINKIN OFFERING!

I don't exactly know what to do with this!!! I still feel just as much an interest in seeing God do some amazing things in families! I still want to see kids come to faith in Christ and grow because of the significant relationships that they build with other believers! Honestly, now more than ever, I want to see adults who are effectively trained and empowered to serve Christ with kids! IT'S JUST DIFFERENT LOOKING AT IT FROM THIS SEAT!

If I'm honest, the whole thing was a bit emotional... a very big chapter of my life and ministry has drawn to a close... a very big... very important chapter.

Students... particularly at New Hope... I MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Jeremy

3 comments:

Tari said...

I know one particular student at New Hope that misses you too Jeremy!

Kelly said...

*Sob*

We miss you too, even those of us who are not students. :) But, go forward knowing you are glorifying God and He has big plans for you and your family and your new team!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy... Mitchell and I talk all the time about how you have heart... HIS heart. Like Kelly said, "go forward". Let Him fill you with His light. And then shine it.