Saturday, January 9, 2010

A million miles an hour!

What a week! My first official week as a full time church planter is officially over. Right now, I am in the thick of making sure that our little project is firmly seated on a firm foundation of discipleship. I want to make sure that while we will put a large emphasis on the weekend, our church has a desire to disciple people firmly placed in its DNA (something that has been heavily invested in my life and ministry over the last 7 years... Thanks, George!!)

Amidst all of the reading, studying, thinking and talking, I am producing a philosophy of ministry paper that I will need to present at church planter's "boot camp" next week in Johnson City, TN. I am glad to say that Andy DeGroff is taking the time off work and making the trip down for the week! (for those of you who don't know, He and his wife Rachelle are doing everything they can to move to this area from Bryan, OH to be our Worship Pastor). It's going to be a great week (a bit overwhelming, but great!!!)

This week, I will attend a "webinar" that will spend 4 hours walking myself and a number of other planters through the theology of the restoration movement to ensure that our philosophies of ministry make a big deal out of the things that Bible makes a big deal... I know it sounds boring, but it is both helpful - - and very sharp!

I am also hard at work developing our launch/growth strategy that should be done within the next few weeks... along with a timeline that you can all pray through!!!

Thanks, everyone!!!

Jeremy

No comments: