Sunday, December 27, 2009

'twas the night before the move...

'twas the night before the move and all through the house, not a creature was stirring (and there better not be a mouse). The children were snuggled tightly into their beds with threats of spankings looming over their heads.

Mom has chosen wisely and headed to sleep while Dad updates his ipod and inventories the Jeep.

So much is bouncing between these ears of mine (there's plenty of room), but most of all tonight it's fear of what is not in sight. It's moments like these where the wise are reminded that FAITH steps in and calms 'till all is subsided. But since "wise" has never been something that has been assigned to me, I have to be honest - - I AM PRETTY FREAKED OUT (that didn't rhyme at all, but it was honest).

(lame attempts at poems end here)

Everything is packed... we head out at 7 AM to Jackson, TN. I am completely terrified of everything that lies before us... so many questions (and even a little doubt if I am being honest). But, it's moments like these that I am reminded (AGAIN AND AGAIN) that God has gone before us and that Scripture promises us that the gates of Hell will not stand against us.

Just thinking about that phrase... "the gates of Hell" - last I checked, gates were DEFENSIVE - that means that WE are on the OFFENSIVE (now THAT is something I have been accused of!!!)

Starting tomorrow, we are storming the gates of Hell - laying down a front-line initiative that will cost us all dearly - there will be casualties - there will be fear (and a healthy amount of terror), but make no mistake, I have read the back of the book... WE WIN!!!!

Fear? sure - - Faith? YES!!!!!!

Let's give 'em HEAVEN!!!

Jeremy

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Even TN! :) Joshua 1:9. Praying for you as you drive.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeremy! Reading your blog made me think of a quote from a quote book I have been putting together for a LONG time... unfortunately, I do not know who to attribute it to but wanted to share:

"Both faith and fear sail into the harbor of your mind, but only faith should be allowed to anchor. Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death."

Will be praying for your trip and your new opportunity. ~Kristie

Misty said...

God's got ya covered! Hang in there. You are all in our prayers! Hello girls! Did you you have a great Christmas? Miss Myah did you get a "DDSI?" Love you all and missin' ya! Jeremy, just remember to turn your phone off if you're preaching! DORK!

Danae said...

Hey Jeremy, Sheila, and girls!
First off, your attempt at the poem was appreciated :) I can not believe that you guys have officially moved and are not on a vacation to Illinois. However, distance will not keep me away. I will be coming to visit. And tell the girls I would like to have a tea party :)
I will be looking forward to updates. I love you all! <3 Nae

P.S. STORM THOSE GATES OF HELL!